Sunday, April 10, 2016

Art and Journaling

So, I've got goals.  Not important goals, but important-to-me goals...  maybe.  At least, I have goals...

Anyway, combining the two, art and journaling, has never really been a goal of mine, but why not?  I've certainly seen some stuff that I like, so maybe I can start getting it together.  And, let's start with a very small step: a calendar.


So, I drew the calendar by hand, watercolor pencil first, then watercolor...  And now I'm tracking my goal for the month: working out.  I'm motivated by seeing what I've done, so I'm putting in mileage.  And what I already know that I've got to do is find a way to do more workouts during the week.  But, honestly, it's hard:  I've got to get my face time in with the kiddo, then make dinner, then bedtime routine, then I'm exhausted and I try really hard just to stay away long enough to pump!...  One would think I could work out during this time, but I have to pump at 10:30, and if I workout just before I get ready for bed, meaning in that time between getting the little one to bed and pumping/going to bed myself, I would have a really hard time falling asleep!...  so, it's hard.  

But I digress.  

I'm mixing art and journaling.  We'll see what happens.  Probably not much to start with, but maybe I'll get more art into my journaling one day soon.  Wouldn't that be nice?  :-)


Maybe I need bigger paper?  
Then I'll have more space to paint/draw artsy fartsy stuff into my calendars...

No comments:

Post a Comment