Monday, March 10, 2014

March 10: the Zoo!

En plein air, as they say...

Amy and Pearce came down for a trip to the zoo.  While we planned on meeting there at opening time, she was running late (as usual)...  And then she went to the wrong zoo, so we had even more time.  This first one was done before she got there.  I even had time to color it in.  The second was done quickly, after they got there.  (Thank goodness I didn't have time to color it in! -- I think it would have been hard!)


The Lioness.  She was gorgeous!  I used watercolor pencils to color it in.  Kev was impressed - he said he saw it come alive from when I had just used the pen to when I had finished.  :-)  I'm getting better.  At least a little.  

Anyway, I'm scared to put water to it, scared it will end up looking more horrible.  But how will I learn to use watercolor if I don't just use it?!  Maybe I'll put water to it tomorrow...




Galapagos tortoise.  I know his left front foot looks funky.  But it looked funky IRL too!  That's why it was so hard to sketch it!  I think I did draw its ear too low, though.  And probably should have put a few more wrinkles on its back foot, it looks too clean.  



No comments:

Post a Comment