Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 12

I basically played with watercolors today.  My idea is to watercolor backgrounds using colors as assigned to the wheel of the year.



This was my first.  I used watercolor crayons, and the yellow and white seemed very promising, but I don't like how the rest of the colors turned out.  Maybe I should have applied a lot more water?  Or maybe it didn't get watered-down enough because I was using gessoed paper?  




I tried again with my traveling (pan?) watercolor set, the Winsor & Newton set that I did the palette for not too long ago.  This one is better, I certainly like the designs better, but I want the colors to bleed more, the edges to blend more...  I realize I planted a space in between most edges, because I didn't want to dirty the water and get bland edges, much like between the red and the blue in the previous painting.  Maybe I can go in with this water on a brush and see what happens to my edges?...

No comments:

Post a Comment