Thursday, June 11, 2015

Art Journal / Calendar anyone?

Went to the zoo today, and had a tax appointment this afternoon.  Busy day...  BUT, I'm NOT going to tell you that I didn't draw anything today!  As much as I might have wanted to come up with excuses, I did in fact draw something.  And let me tell you about it, a little, before I show it to you...

So, after I finished Katherine Torrini's page-a-day art journaling challenge, I googled "art journaling." And, low and behold, it's a thing!...  Well, Katherine had shared how she sometimes did an artsy-fartsy calendar of the month within her journal, and that's how I was introduced to the concept.  And I thought I might like to have an illustrated calendar in my journal.  And now that I don't have school, I'll be doing more interesting things to draw and decorate the calendar with...

Kevin cooked angel hair pasta in his butter sauce, and Sebastian loved it.  I should draw that on the calendar too...


I should also mention that the pink pen is ideal for drawing this week's calendar, as I just received it from Goulet Pens -- love that I have a pink pen with pink ink!  Anyway, when I finish drawing out the week, I will have to include a little drawing of the pen itself...

I also did a map of my watercolors, whatever it's called, so that I can reference it when I am out and about watercoloring...


And, I'm actually going to get a watercolor bag together, a bag that I can fit all of my stuff into: paints, watercolor sketchbook, brushes, water and cup, clips, water soluble pencils, pens, sponge, etc. That way it will always be ready to get up and go.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment