Friday, June 12, 2015

Playing with paints and Homework

Watercolors, specifically, but I was going for the alliteration...

I've bought myself No Excuses Watercolor by Gina Rossi Armfield, and I was trying out a couple of the first practice exercises, but they didn't work out quite as expected, and I think it's because of the brush I was using, a water brush.  I just need to get used to it.  Or buy a new one if the water flow isn't just right.  I got the book specifically to get more familiar with watercolor paints.

 


When the practice exercises weren't working out exactly right, I decided to go ahead and color in some of my journal calendar.



Now, what to do for my illustrated recipe?...  (Sketch Book Skool assignment from my Storytelling Klass.)  I've actually done a recipe before, but didn't really worry about the layout.  It was just a journal page from the page-a-day challenge.  


Maybe I should just think of this one as the draft...  and now, what can I do to make it better?  How can I arrange it better?  Then I'd also like to draw stuff bigger take up more space on the page.  Get some more flow from bigger, better arrows.  Hmm...  that means I might have to go buy and cook tostones this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment