Friday, June 19, 2015

Catching Up on Homework and Cartoons!

So, Wednesday...  didn't really do much art, but I tried!  When the little one went to sleep, I brought out all my stuffs, and I was going to give a go with the dip pen.  Low and behold, he did not sleep very long.  So, I basically had enough time to draw boxes.  That's it.  I drew boxes for the cartoon strip, but I didn't like how they looked.  So, I didn't use them.


 

Yesterday, I got the idea to use watercolor washes as backgrounds.  But it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked.  I need to play with the watercolors more so that I can control them better.  But I also think that the paper didn't help; I just used sketch paper rather than watercolor paper.  Silly on my part.  I had my watercolor pad not to far away; I just didn't think to use it.  Lesson learned...


10 days and counting, through 6/18/15.  I wonder what I will do today?!... Play with my watercolors, of course!  I just need to try to wait for the little one to go to bed and to forget about all household chores awaiting my attention...

(edit) - I really like Koosje Koene, the instructor for the homework assignment.  She's got a nice, calm, inspiring attitude, a real positive light shines through her.  And I love her drawings.  Here's her website, along with a couple of sketchbooks that she created:

http://www.koosjekoene.blogspot.com/

(I can't wait to read this to Sebastian!)


and A Love Story (so cute!)

No comments:

Post a Comment