Saturday, June 20, 2015

Melanie's Homework Assignment

Line drawing.  I'm horrible at it.  But after watching her instruction videos / demos on SketchBook Skool, Melanie Reim helped me to get past it.  Mind you, 10 years ago, I still would have been a nervous wreck!  But certainly, getting out there and doing it helps you get past the nerves.  Miranda would be proud!


The food came out sooner than I'd anticipated, so I didn't get time to really work on this one, but that's okay.  I really wanted to try to fit in another sketch, but the little one looked like he was ready to get home (he'd been pushing something out -- good thing it was just air and not the gooey stuff).  

I hope to get some more line sketches done for Melanie's class when I go to the Harry Ransom Center.  I will pick a few folks to sketch.  And then I might pick a few items to sketch.  I just hope the hubby and the son can put up with me wanting to sit and sketch.  If not, maybe we can sneak out to the park for a little while too.  I shall bring a blanket with me!  :-)

Oh -- I wanted to add a link to Melanie's blog: http://www.melaniereim.com/
I really didn't think that I'd dig what she had to teach me, until I went out and tried it.  As the artist, I am the storyteller, and I can fill in the blanks how I please, write (or draw) the story how I please.  Thanks Melanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment