Friday, June 19, 2015

Watercolor Practice

I followed Mary Doodles watercolor tips and techniques, How To Art #4, and this is what I came up with.  (The edges got cut off by the scanner, since the paper is too big for the screen.)


I also decided to take her advice and to get some pictures that I can use as "reference photos" for gesture drawing, practicing to draw hands, faces, and other interesting tidbits.  This magazine I got in the mail actually helped to make the decision for me -- I get these freebie magazines, I think through my NEA membership, and since I don't pick anything specific, they just send me magazines.  And since my name is "Bobby" and I'm a school teacher, I think they think I'm gay...  so far, I've gotten some sort of fishing magazine, Outdoor Bass or something, Maxim, and now the one I got today is Details.  Details is actually pretty awesome - lots of hot guys like Joe Manganiello, George Clooney, and a few more whose names I don't know.  Anyway -- thank you NEA!

I fit in a little more coloring before going to bed tonight...


No comments:

Post a Comment