Monday, January 18, 2016

New Background

Yesterday was a long day, so I played with some watercolor pastels and made a new background [pastel] "wash."


I actually did head out for lunch and to go to the park with the intention of getting some sketching done, but I played with the boys instead, which was so fun because it was Sebastian's first time down a big-kid slide!  :-)

I wonder if I will need to set this with fixative before I do something over it, even if it's not wet?  It still does feel a little dusty / gritty to the touch, so I'm thinking that when it dries it is pastelly again...

By the way, I'm going out of town this weekend, and very much looking forward to getting some sketching done!  (I've even bought some artsy-fartsy supplies for a friend, and I am hoping to talking her into doing some artsy-fartsy time with me!)

HMMM... now that I'm looking at the new background, I think it looks pretty pastelly (and not very used-to-be-wettish), and maybe I should wet it up more?  I thought that the waterbrushes were better if they held less water so that I could control it more.  However, maybe I should try playing with the waterbrushes that hold and let loose more water?  I'll take one with me this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment