Friday, January 1, 2016

Not because it's January 1st, but kinda sorta because it's January 1st...

Everyone's asking about New Year resolutions, etc.  Most are talking about losing weight and doing better with diet and exercise.  And I say, "why just because it's the new year?!"

So, while I'm not doing this just because it's the New Year and I need a resolution...  I had time because it's the new year, there are new classes, and everyone is starting to work on their resolutions, and it's always easier to work towards a goal when you're doing it with friends, blah, blah, blah...

Here's my quickie art for today.

This was an assignment from Daisy Yellow, trying to blend the color by letting each color overlap when you paint them on.  I don't think it really worked for me the way it's supposed to.  I think I need more water.  Or maybe I should wet the paper before I lay down the colors.  I need to keep working on this.  

Eventually, I can use this in a multimedia journal or something.  Or for a background for something else.  I'll keep it and figure out how to repurpose it anyway.  And on to more practicing of blending colors.  But - water - water is the key.  I need to remember more water.  


I had painted the flower a while ago, the one from Fiji.  But I went ahead and filled in the background.  A single color, cerulean blue.  I think the background definitely works with the flower.  Makes me want to go ahead and paint some more.  


So maybe that should be my new assignment?  Maybe I should go ahead and paint this flower a few more times?  Use it as a study?  In that case, I should probably go ahead and print a couple of pictures of it, a few different tones added to it or something... Hmmm...

Also, I thought I might give one (if I do indeed paint more) to Mom and Mima - they love flowers.  Speaking of, I could use some more pictures from Galveston to paint from.  I had taken lots of flower pictures for Mom and Mima.  


Since this is a blog, I might as well blog...  

Artsy-Fartsy Projects In-the-Works:
  • Aunt Bea's Christmas present - can't say what it is until I finish and she receives it.
  • My shrug - can't wait til I finish it!
  • Sketchbook Skool PLAYING Klass - starts January 15
  • And my "new year's resolution" - a little art every day action, and I want to work in more mediums.  I know I'm still learning to use watercolor, so I kinda want to focus on it, but I have so much other stuff!
Ooh, just thought of a great New Year's resolution...  Let's use more art stuffs!  Use it up, no more saving for the perfect project, perfect moment, JUST USE IT!!!  (I should draw something to post and remind me to do this.)



And happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment