Saturday, January 2, 2016

Play Practice

So, no idea what I wanted to do today.  I watched some old klasses on SBS/Storytelling, and I was assigned to draw people at a coffee shop, then someone at home.  Since I didn't go to a coffee shop today, I started drawing someone at home - little Sebastian.  But, boy!  That boy can move already, and I have a hard time keeping up.  I'll have to do some more practicing, but here's what I've got so far...




While I was watching the klasses on SBS/Storytelling, Veronica Lawlor said something that resonated with me.  I had to write it down...




I started working on an-ivy-type of tree of life, modeling it after one that I had seen on the internet.  It started looking ok, but I stopped working on it, wanting to work on it later when I have more time, different paper...  then I went and used a marker a few pages later, and it bled through.  So you can see the bleeding here, as I didn't take a picture of it pre-bleeding...




And, finally, I thought I'd do a little practice at playing.  The brown ("sepia") that I started out in bled through the pages; the black brush pen was nicer to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment